If you had BCH wallet at the time of the hard fork (November 15, 2020), you can get two coins: BCH and Bitcoin ABC. Your balance will be duplicated in two networks. Before sending any transaction, you need to split your coins before it, otherwise the transaction will be sent on both networks. To prevent a replay attack, holders mix the outputs before and after the hard fork.
How to split BCH and Bitcoin ABC in Guarda.
This feature is only available in web and desktop wallets, so if you are using a mobile app you need to save a backup file and import it into our web app or desktop app.
- Open you BCH wallet and click on "Split", then "Split address".
- As stated earlier, splitting works like mixing outputs before and after a hard fork. In this step, you will be prompted to send the transaction. Your balance will be split and a small amount (0.0001 BCH) will be sent and the rest of your wallet balance will be returned to your wallet. Click "Next", then "Confirm".
- You can see the details of the transaction.
- Don't forget to keep the updated backup file! Remember that you are the only one who can access your funds, we cannot restore your wallets.
- You now have two wallets: BCH and Bitcoin ABC. By clicking on “Split”, you will see the status of the split process.
- Now you need to wait for an incoming transaction from Guarda. It will take up to 8 hours. You will see this in your transaction history. Then you will see the "Complete split" button. Click on this button.
- To complete the splitting procedure, you need to send the entire balance to yourself. Click "Confirm". Once the transaction is complete, your wallets will be split.